Saturday, January 24, 2009

8 Week Ultrasound

First of all, we had a great appointment! The baby seemed so much bigger to me and measured right on target at 8 weeks exactly. The heartbeat was also much faster and stronger sounding. Sadly, we didn't get to see Dr. G today for our last RE appt (God willing- I never want to go back there). We had a NP that I had never met instead. She didn't measure the heartbeat, but she "guessed" it to be between 140 and 150. That sounded fine to me. She also did some sort of heat sensitivity setting on the dildo cam (a new feature) and I got to see my blood flow to the uterus, the blood flow of the baby and where our blood joined. She said it all looked great. I was worried before the appt. again, as I assume I'll be every time. She did not announce the heartbeat right away as Dr. G did and she seemed to have trouble positioning the dildo cam just right. It caused DH and I some nervous moments at first. I am so used to Dr. G. I guess this prepared me for my transition to my OB.

I've included a picture for my prosperity. These pics still look like blobs to me. The quality here is never good, but at the appt. I could make out little arm and leg buds (at least that's what I think they were). The growth in just 11 days was amazing.

I have an appt. with a "prenatal clerk" on Tuesday where she will tell me everything I probably already know. (As if I haven't already researched too much for my own good!) I'll get lab work done and then schedule another ultrasound. I tell you, an infertile can get spoiled with all these glimpses at their baby. One of the rare perks of pregnancy after IF.

My symptoms have been mild. Still just waves of nausea that come and go. They have not interfered with my appetite one bit and I'm eating a ton. I find if I eat constantly and get a good night sleep, I feel okay. I am a little more rundown, but not too bad. Or maybe I don't remember what if feels like to be "normal." Countless people at work have asked if I was okay and have stared as if something is not quite right with me. They'll understand in about a month.

On a final note, I do plan to use this blog to document my pregnancy. However, it will still be a place for me to vent my frustrations of the fertile world around me. (Just yesterday at the RE's office I got angry over the treatment of infertiles but that's another story for another day.) I'll never forget the struggles it has taken me to get this far. My journey is far from over and I am still thankful for your constant support. You are all amazing!

13 comments:

Emily said...

Exciting! Great pic - congrats on the good appt!

Paula Keller said...

That's one beautiful blob!

Glad things are going well for you.

Ashley said...

I"m so happy for you!! That's a great looking baby:)

G said...

What a gorgeous little bubba pic!! How exciting!!! I agree with you, this litle 'online support group' is pretty great :)

Shanny said...

Yay for a great appointment, its so exciting!

Lost in Space said...

So glad you had such a great appointment. I hope all the rest are just as great!!

Anonymous said...

I am sooo glad that everything is going as expected. That is such good news. And I am also glad that you are going to continue blogging throughout your pregnancy. I am looking forward to following your story every step of the way. :)

Melody said...

I'm so excited to see all of your progress! I wanted to let you know that I posted some VERY helpful money-saving info on my blog this morning :) Even if you plan to nurse this is good info :). I tried to nurse and only could for 8 weeks, I didn't have enough milk.

Polly Gamwich said...

I'm so glad to hear you are sticking around ... I think the process of being pregnant while infertile is a unique one ... where we shouldn't be left alone.

I mourn Lisa's blog (Wayward Stork) I grieved and cried with her, now I want to CELEBRATE with her and get a glimpse into pg after infertility ... so I'm glad you're doing what you're doing.

Thanks for sharing your heart.

Melody said...

Very fun to dress up a girl but I have friends with boys and they love them just as much. You will have LOADS of fun no matter what your baby is :) We actually wanted a boy and the day of my ultrasound we took a TON of clothes back to Kohls and exchanged them for girl stuff. God knows best and having a daughter has definitely changed my husband for the better

Jill said...

Awesome pic! Yippee! Glad you and baby are doing well!!

Mary said...

How wonderful! He/She is beautiful:)

Melody said...

I forgot to answer your question... Yes, Bailey has socks that look like shoes and they are SO cute :)