Saturday, February 28, 2009

13 Weeks

Yesterday I told my first graders I was "going to have a baby". I actually whispered it to them (literally) because I had parents standing in the back of the room for a field trip and I am not one for big announcements. I figured at least one of the louder children would let their parents know and then the job would be done for me. Sure enough it was. It was getting too hard to keep my belly in (especially after lunchtime) and I was looking forward to not having to wear only certain shirts that were billowy enough to hide it.

I am officially in the second trimester (that's hard to believe). I have more energy and any slight nausea I had has been gone for about two weeks anyway. I am glad the bump is growing, or I wouldn't feel pregnant at all. I have been told by Dr. G. that I have a "dainty uterus" and boy do I feel that thing stretch all the time. Round ligament pain has been an on and off constant for the past week. I have been trying to relax and just go with whatever I'm feeling down there. I still can't help but worry sometimes. I don't think that worry will ever go away, but I am working on it. The further along I get, the easier it becomes.

I will post my first belly pics now:
12 Weeks


13 Weeks


11 comments:

Mary said...

Glad you 'came out'! That has to be kind of a relief to have everyone know. I'm sure the kids were adorable about it.

...and your belly is coming along nicely:)

G said...

I'm glad to hear that the worrying lessens!!!

Cute bump :)

Ashley said...

Very cute bump!!!

Kami said...

ow! What a difference a week makes! Your little tummy is so cute! I'm glad you came out and told your students. Now you can let it all hang out! LOL

Kami

Mandy said...

You're carrying soo much higher than me, I'm jealous. I bet you can still button your pants!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on breaking the news! Love to see the belly growing. Keep the pictures coming...It offers all of us hope! :)

Emily said...

Big day! Congrats! Cute pic.

Anonymous said...

That must have been such a relief! Congratulations.

Melody said...

I think it's so cute how you told your kids! Also, I think it's so cute how you think you are getting big, lol. I seriously have NEVER had a stomach that flat, lol. At least I'm on a down-hill right now but I think I'm losing ALL of it in my legs! I had HOT legs to begin with! I can say that b/c they are the only thing that looks good on me :). Enough about me, how are you feeling?

Melody said...

Sorry, I thought I had already commented to this, I guess not!

Melody said...

One night I had a dream that our dog was talking. TOTALLY freaked me out! At least when Bailey talks I know it's SUPPOSED to happen, lol