Thursday, May 21, 2009

Who wants ice-cream?

I do!
And luckily, I can eat some. . .I passed my glucose screening test. I am very happy to eat my sugar in peace.

The rest of my 24 week appt also went fine. Her heart rate was 150s to 160s and you could hear her moving around. My fundal height was right on for 24 weeks. I hope she continues to grow on schedule.

I found out that my doctor is leaving when I am 29 weeks for maternity leave. I had no idea she was pregnant. My first thought was "Oh no, I've had a doctor with preggo brain this whole time and I didn't even know it!" (This is a real phenomenon that I didn't believe could happen to me until about a month ago. I take pride in my great memory and now I just feel stupid and forgetful.) I guess her scrubs hid it well. I'm not too broken up about it. I didn't like her that much anyway. There are other doctors there I can choose from. I have one more appt with her and then I'm done with Dr. Coldfish.

I met with a nurse today to "teach" me how to take my blood pressure at home. For those who don't remember, I had chronic high blood pressure before I became pregnant. No real reason why and I tried everything I could in my power to get it down without meds but to no avail. I have been taking Labetalol this whole pregnancy. I'm not too happy about having to do that, but the pros outweigh the cons here. So far it has been working and my BP has been great. I know the farther along I get that could all change, so we are keeping a close eye on it. I have been faithfully taking my BP twice a day anyway, but now I need to record it and report it to a nurse who will call and check up on me once a week. Three weeks from now (at 28 weeks- I'll be 25 weeks tomorrow.) I'll have to dip a protein reading stick in my urine every morning to make sure there is none present. I kind of like all the monitoring and recording. I'm somewhat anal and this is right up my alley. I'm all about staying on top of things. The appt was long and I didn't hear anything I didn't already know, but I'm glad to know they care.
*********
We finally registered last Saturday. I'm glad that chore is done. I tried to research everything ahead of time so I could go through the store as quickly as possible. I could have done most of it online, but it helped to be able to see the actual items. I think we made some good choices.
DH and I went out to dinner last night to celebrate my 33rd birthday. When we got home, the crib we ordered had arrived along with a Moby wrap my friend shipped me for my b-day. It was fun having it all arrive yesterday. I still need to order the bedding set. There is still a ton to do but (for me at least) I have taken big steps this last week.
*******
I never had a chance to write about my Mother's Day. DH was sweet and bought me flowers and a card. It was nice of him to think of me. Our mothers enjoyed the breakfast. I've included a picture along with my 24 week belly shot.


Mother's Day

24 weeks












7 comments:

Mandy said...

That belly is growing like crazy! Are you sure she's alone in there? We're about the same size!

Glad all is well!

Ashley said...

You look BEAUTIFUL!!! That's exciting that ya'll registered!! Time is really flying by!! She'll be here in no time;)

Carrie said...

You look so cute! GLOWING. The registration is such a nice thing to check off the list... it is a maze to wind through. You will love your Moby wrap! My daughter LIVED in hers. I am so happy you are doing so well, and like you, I'd enjoy the extra monitoring.

Hugs,
The other Wemberly

Melody said...

YOu are so cute! Pregnant brain doesn't go away when baby is born so this is fair warning :) YOu won't care a bit though! I'm so glad things are going well for you. You look great!

Kami said...

You look so cute!!!!

Jill said...

You look GREAT! Such a cute bump!! I got cracked up reading about your OB being pg and you not knowing about it. Hopefully, you'll get a Dr. Warmfish this time! Congrats on 25 weeks!!

Mary said...

You look amazing! I'm glad that you are knocking stuff off the to do list. Getting closer all everyday!