Sunday, March 29, 2009

"Dreams", "Is that Gas?" and "My DH"

Last night I had a second dream about my baby. I've had several dreams about pregnancy, but only two about my actual child. The first one was shortly after I found out I was pregnant. In the dream I could see inside my body and into the uterus. It was decorated like a nursery in there with a crib, mobile, and other accessories. My baby was floating around in there in a onsie and it was a boy.

In my most recent dream, I was actually giving birth and it was also a boy. I was amazed how cute he was and he was reaching his arms out to me. For some reason the nurses were not taking him to clean and wrap him and DH was worried he was getting cold so I had to snuggle him on my chest to keep him warm. The second part of the dream involved taking him home and forgetting to feed him, not having any diapers in the house to change him, and having done nothing to prepare for him. I know that part was my subconscious talking. . .

So, needless to say, I am leaning heavily towards guessing it's a boy. I will be quite shocked it if it's a girl, but happy none the less. I really have no preference.

********************************
Welcome to this week's fixation: Fetal Movement

Have I felt my baby move?

The answer is. . . yes, no, maybe? I have no idea.

People say it's like a fluttering sensation or bubbles or popcorn popping. If that's the case, I've felt this baby move even before I was pregnant because that sounds like a description of gas to me!
Sometimes I think I can tell the difference and I feel a more profound small pounding sensation. Then I think, "No stupid, It's probably the bean burrito you finished off for lunch."

One night last week I was convinced it had to be the baby. I have been really enjoying the tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese combination. I decided to put it all on french bread and grill it for a panini. There was a ton of tomatoes on it. It was yummy. That night I was having yet another dream where my stomach was fluttering. I woke up and felt it for real. I think the baby was pissed in there. I could feel my uterus moving like it was pounding me from the inside with its fists and legs. I then got the worst heart burn I've ever had.

Because I'm twisted, I wanted to recreate the situation a couple nights later to determine what I really felt. I sat down to eat my tomato, basil, mozzarella salad and I couldn't finish it. It no longer tasted good to me. I don't think I can eat it again for a long time. Isn't that strange?

****************************
And finally (because this post has really been for me and my memories) I want to share how much DH has embraced this pregnancy. The larger I get, the more real it becomes for him. Whereas I still feel silly to do it at times, he'll talk to him/her at night before we go to bed. He rubs my tummy and says goodbye to the baby before he leaves. Even though he is the most affectionate, loving man I know, I never knew how he'd respond to an unborn child. It touches me every time.

17 Weeks

9 comments:

Michelle said...

What a sweet post! :)

Carrie said...

I am so glad you are feeling the baby! That is awesome... what an experience! I can't wait to hear if your dreams are right. I love the one about the decorated uterus... sounds cozy to me!

Thanks for stopping by and willing by beta to go up. It worked! :)

Hugs,
Carrie

Melody said...

What crazy dreams! Probably a boy! I remember wanting nacho cheese on EVERYTHING for the first week, after that I couldn't eat it until after B was born!

Ashley said...

Love this post;)

Mandy said...

Awww, that is soo the baby! Isn't it amazing how mushy the boys become the bigger we get? DH is going to start reading out lout at night to familiarize the baby with his voice.

Anonymous said...

That is really cute about your hubby talking to your belly. I'm glad things are going well for you. :-D
www.iwannabeamommy.wordpress.com

Petrucia said...

Hello there!
lovely dreams! I particularly enjoyed the one that your uterus was a nursery! so adorable. :)
I guess it is very normal for anyone to dream that they are doing poorly at new demands. Like dreaming you are making horrible mistakes at a new job you are starting, or for an actor, it's very common to dream that you are on stage but don't know the play or any of your words. So, for an expecting mom to dream that she gets home with a new baby and has no diapers or forgets to feel him, seems to be in the same line of voicing our fears of inadequacy.
You will be great though, I have not doubts.
Nice tummy pic!!!
have a good week.

Ashley said...

I left you something on my blog:)

Melody said...

Well... MARY. I'm glad to know your name! I like to know who I'm praying for and talking too :)